Saturday, 25 April 2015

Harajuku Fashion Walk in April and Kumi Miki Youtube Video!




The Harajuku fashion walk is gaining popularity in great speed, like a snowball. This particular time there were much more attendees, on a day where Harajuku was even more crowded than usual. It seems that Decora style is making a big come-back amongst the younger generation!
I'm so happy to see mis-matched printed clothes, kawaii-chara back-packs and a kaleidoscopic array of hair-clips bobbing around the walk.



Arent they adorable?!
The girl with the windmill is Hina, I met her at hanami a few weeks ago.


Again, there were people of all nationalities embracing the fashion. I even found another girl from England wearing classical Lolita! Everyone looked so cute and confident in their fashions!
My outfit for that day was a mix of sweet Lolita, Hime and Cult-party in a bizarre mash up, I usually based my outfit around my accessories, so I wanted to do a pink gradient strawberry theme.



Of course Gothic fashion was out in full-force that day too. Monotone fashion always looks striking, especially these seifuku clad shironuri students!


 Of course we ended up at Moshi Moshi box as usual, can you see Hina's Tinky Winky backpack? That was so nostalgic for me!

~ I couldn't take so many photos from the walk, however when professional ones get uploaded I will see if I can post them here~

Secondly, before the walk I got to be asked to be in Youtuber Kuma Miki's youtube video!




She's extremely cute and popular, so it was quite an honor. Recently she has been studying English online, so this was a kind of test run for her. She decided to theme her video as "What's in your bag?" and invited people to her Tea party.



Kensuke, the brand owner of Broken Doll asked me to join the Tea party, so I am always grateful to him for picking me!


Everyone who came were super nice and talented. Manon, the owner of Strawberry Skies was there and showed off her wonderful design pieces!




We filmed in Roppongi in a big tower for Youtubers who need an area to film, I've never been to somewhere like that before so it was a very interesting experience.


Aaaaaaand, the video is up here;


What an eventful day! I can't wait for the next fashion walk and I'm sure that I will get to play with Miki again <3 Thanks for reading!~

1 comment:

  1. Whow everyone looks so amazing!
    I'm so happy to see that Harajuku fashion is still very much alive and kicking.
    And that youtube video is totally adorable ^o^

    ReplyDelete